Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Big Bad World

After a year of planning I can hardly believe I am finally leaving tomorrow. It seems at once all too soon and long long overdue. My bags are (mostly) packed, and I've said my tearful goodbyes to all my lovely friends and family.

It's difficult to describe my feelings. Leaving everything I've had here for
the past six months is sad, and I am pretty petrified about what the next couple weeks are going to be like until I get myself established. It's so odd not knowing where I'll be next week, what my life will be like.

At the same time I believe that overcoming fear is a part of life. Even though this is over whelming now, I know that in the long run this is all going to be so amazing and exciting. I think change is fundamentally good, and even if things suck for a little, they will work out because, well because they just have to. It's a new chapter, and it should be a pretty exciting one!

As for now, I'm laying here enjoying the final comforts of home: my warm bed, raindrops on the roof, and my kitty curled up in the crook of my arm. Tomorrow night this time I'll be a jet lag warrior somewhere over the Atlantic. Then after that? It's impossible to know. But for now I'm just going to snuggle Eliot closer and fall asleep listening to Paulo Nutini and dreaming of British boys...
Cross the border,
Into the big bad world
Where it takes you 'bout an hour
Just to cross the road
Just to stumble across another poor old soul from
The dreary old lanes to the high-street madness
Eye fight with my brain to believe my eyes
And it's harder than you think
To believe this sadness
That creeps up my spine
And haunts me through the night
And life is good and the girls are gorgeous
Suddenly the air smells much greener now
And I'm wondering around
With a half pack of cigarettes
Searching for the change that I've lost somehow

No comments: