Friday, December 07, 2007

Life Down Under

***Sorry about the lack of updates- life has been crazy busy!!! I’m struggling to catch up on my back log of subjects. Hopefully this weekend...***

I’m sitting on my couch right now, drinking a beer and watching a Snow Kite Boarding video. I’d never heard of snow kite boarding... Until last week that is. Now I am familiar with a great variety of boarding activities : skateboarding, long-boarding, surfing, kite boarding, snow boarding. And now snow kite boarding.

That, is what living with boys will do to you.

Not that I’m complaining, I love my new little London home. It’s on the central line, so it’s super convenient to get in and out of town, plus I’m starting to get out and see what sites Acton has to offer. They are few, but include a couple good pubs and, incredibly, an ASDA (literally the british equivalent of Wal-mart- evil but with cheap cheap groceries so I’m willing to set my morals aside for the sake of not living in poverty).

My room is tiny, but cozy and cute. At night I can hear the train go by, a sound which reminds me of my old apartment at Emory, and always puts me directly to sleep. We have a big kitchen (as flats go), and a terrific common room with couches and a big tv.

The common room is the best part, because that is where I hang out with my awesome new roommates... And learn their Australian ways.

They buy their beer in bulk, Carlsberg, Fosters, whatever is cheapest at ASDA. Yes, Australians do drink Fosters- IF it’s on sale. And boy do they drink a lot of it. This Saturday I learned that no, I can not keep up with them- nor should I try.

That being said they are absolute sweethearts. Kind of like living with three Australian older brothers. I bought us a multi-colored aluminum christmas tree. Just doing my bit to make our little home a little homier.

Oh and if you were wondering, Snow Kite Boarding is kind of like snow boarding... but airborne...



Hardcore.

1 comment:

Yard Yoder said...

when will you accept that me saying you were going downunder in reference to london was just incredible forsight on my part