Friday, September 22, 2006

Day 4: Rain


So I have been extremely lucky thus far, my first three days were really unusually warm and sunny. Total t-shirt weather, it was awesome. Today the weather caught up with me and I got to experience some actual london rain! I was excited to test out my new umbrella, I am sure after a couple days of this I won't be so thrilled though. Actualy as I am typing this the sun just came out and it is brilliant again! I love it.
The past couple days have been orientation, signing up for classes, meeting people and such. I am psyched because I got the two English classes I wanted: London in Literature and Victorian Literature. I am so excited for them! I still have to register for the others which is really confusing. Apparently classes do not start on the 25th, they start Oct 2nd. So that is a whole week where I am basically free. Maybe I will go on a trip. Also as of right now I only have class on Tuesdays and every other friday. That will change when i sign up for the other half of my classes but I am still aiming for long weekends so I can travel.
Anyways things are looking good, met some cool people. Went to my first pub, The Jeremy Bentham (whoo school spirit) and am going out tonight as well. Tomorrow maybe I willl actually get to see some of the London sights. I will leave you with this picture (which I actually took yesterday, hence no rain) of Tavistock Square near campus and UCL's most famous alumni: Mahatma Gandhi.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph,

I love your blog. It's a godsend to your parents who want to know everything that is happening. Well, not everything, please--if you know what I mean.

But, blog or no blog, you still have to call home!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely in London. Funny thing my econ teacher would often go on and on about how they have jeremy banthom's skeleton on display in london. He would yell at length about it. i assume you'll learn alot about utilitarianism? I am also not suprised you bought something that is "ludicrously tastey!"
Ever

Anonymous said...

Stephie, I think you're having too much fun "exploring" and "learning" about london, thus you've lost focus of the REAL reason you're in london- to find daniel radcliff. So you need to stop with this cultural learning stuff, and remember whats really important in life: money and fame.
-Love Sarah

ps-LONDON BABY!!

Anonymous said...

It really looks beautiful there!! I wish I could visit! If you ever run in to colin firth..well you know what to do.
-dre!