Friday, September 22, 2006

Day Two: Where is everybody?

Not many people around in the dorm yet. As I have no one to hang out with and am too jetlagged for ambitious site seeing I decided to walk to UCL. Went out to investigate the park behind my dorm and found that there are indeed gravestones there. It’s so weird how the bushes are growing in front of them isn’t it? I haven’t figure out what exactly is going on back here but I will. Took a very circuitous route up to UCL. Saw several really interesting used book stores that I will probably spend too much money in. Can’t wait to go back and check those out. Also saw a sign for a book fair. This is not going to be good for my wallet. UCL campus was interesting. I’ve had the campus style school experience for three years and now it looks like I’m going to get to try out the city style school. Hopefully I will get the hang of things soon. Here is the main building of UCL and the main courtyard.






This one didn’t turn out so well but it is supposed to be Jeremy Bentham, the founder of UCL. For some reason he wanted his skeleton to be put on display, fully clothed. They styled a wax head for him because people kept trying to steal the real one. The British are so strange: what other society would keep the headless corpse of a well respected man on display in a university hallway?

Okay 1 roommate has arrived. It is a boy… a 25 year old Italian man named Andrea actually. This is interesting…

2 comments:

Maiben said...

i love that there is a cemetary in your backyard! you'll have to let me know if there's any paranormal activity...i also love the fact that you're living with an italian...

Anonymous said...

boy roommate? how interesting. hmm I can already tell I'm going to comment wayyy too often here